WHO’S OFFERING FREE HOUSING? We are a group of Christians who believe God wants us to welcome strangers and serve those in need. All our services are offered free in the name of Jesus Christ. For our guests, we provide:
- Safety and dignity
- Free temporary housing
- 3 Free meals a day
- Free showers
- Free personal care items
- Free warm beds
- Free laundry services
Jesus’ love- FREE to us, but it cost Him a lot! WHO CAN STAY? Single men, single women, married couples, families with children, and New Life Disciples. (See the New Life and Healing Heart brochures) HOW LONG CAN I STAY? All of our guests have an initial three (3) week time limit. Longer term options are available. HOW DO I GET THERE? We are located at 1471 25th Avenue in Columbus, NE just one block west of the Post office. WHAT’S THE CATCH? We do expect that all guests follow our guidelines and respect each other.
- Please try to check in by 5:30 p.m.
- We don’t have much storage space so please limit your luggage.
- All guests are required to make their bed every morning, clean up their living area, and shower daily.
- All guests without a job are required to submit four job applications per day.
- All guests are required to attend a non-denominational chapel service every evening at 7:30 p.m.
- All guests are expected to help with the work around the Mission.
- Guests must remain on property after they sign-in by 5:30 p.m., and may not leave the grounds except with the permission of Staff.
- Breakfast – 7:00 a.m. Lunch – 12:00 p.m.
- Supper – 5:30 p.m. for women and families 6:00 p.m. for men
- Guests are to avoid conversations and other contact with persons of the opposite sex, on our property and in our neighborhood, except with the permission of a staff member.
The following may be cause for being barred from the Mission:
- Intoxication, especially if it leads to unacceptable behavior.
- Possession or use of alcohol, drugs, pornography or weapons,
- Vandalism of property, either the Mission’s or our guests.
- Abusive, violent or disrespectful behavior towards staff, guests or Visitors.
- Repeated conversations and/or contact with members of the opposite sex(married couples excepted).
- Failure to cooperate with these guidelines.
OUR PURPOSE The Columbus Rescue Mission is set apart by the Spirit of God to preach the Gospel and meet the physical and emotional needs through the provision of shelter, clothing, food, Biblical counseling, and structured programs for the poor, needy and those who may be bound and bruised by addictive lifestyles throughout Nebraska. OUR CORE VALUES
- To bring honor and glory to our Lord Jesus Christ!
- To act with integrity in everything we do.
- To be above reproach in all of our relationships.
- To be servants to our guests and the community.
- To treat others as we wish to be treated- with dignity, respect and care.
- To be team players both within the Mission and the community.
- To provide a safe and secure environment in which our guests can grow as individuals.
- To be financially responsible with resources entrusted to us.
OUR VISION To be viewed as the standard of quality in the care and equipping of the hurting and the homeless in east central Nebraska.
“Helping the hurting and the homeless in the name of Jesus Christ.”